Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Alumni Association was founded in 2004 as a non-profit, non-partisan, non-political, educational organization serving educational, social, literary, and cultural needs of the community. It seeks to profess and propagate the vision and educational ideals of the AMU and its founder, Sir Syed Ahmad Khan.
The mission of the AMU Alumni Association of Canada
- foster positive interaction among the alumni of Aligarh Muslim University residing in Canada and abroad, helping build an effective international network
- promote a close and productive relationship with the university
- encourage constructive engagement between the alumni and the community, both local and international, by contributing knowledge, time and resources to help those in need
- in line with the professed desire of the founder of AMU, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan to help create a humane, inclusive and egalitarian society.
- achievements, etc.
Aims and Objectives
- Award Scholarship to deserving students at AMU
- Provide guidance to newly arrived aligs and their families
- To establish network amongst AMU Alumni Associations in North America and other Alumni in Greater Toronto Area
- Encourage Aligs to volunteer to be part of the mentorship program
- Develop and strengthen the community by organizing social activities, community enrichment, cultural and literary programs.
- Provide reliable and trustful platform for mutual support
- Foster and promote AMU spirit and traditions
- Participate and support philanthropic services
- Promote and participate educational projects in India
- Award Aligarians in recognition for community service, professional and personal